Newly remodeled Pioneer Hall is a facility that enables students to form close communities. It joins with Johnson Hall via a large basement lounge with small kitchen, pool table, ping pong table, study lounge with couches and TV. It is also the closest residence hall to the Story Student Center and dining hall.
- Double rooms.
- ADA accessible rooms and bathrooms.
- Room heating and air conditioning controls.
- 24-hour quiet study space.
- 24-hour computer facilities.
- Collaborative study spaces.
- Large basement with TV lounges, pool table, ping pong table, fireplace and kitchen facilities–for limited cooking (baking cookies, heating pizza, ice machine).
- Laundry rooms–washers and dryers. Need your own quarters (or laundry card – can be purchased in Story Student Center) and detergent.
- Basic cable provided.
- High-density wireless Internet.
- Communal same-sex bathrooms.
- Custodial services are provided for all bathroom facilities, corridors and floor lounges, as well as any other public places in the building.
Rooms are furnished with the basics including blinds, built-in drawer space and shelving, beds, mattress pads, open-door closet, and a movable student desk and chair. Mattresses are all standard 36" wide and almost all are over 80" in length. May rent loft beds. Not every room has the same type of furniture. Some have very small student desks.
- First year students only
- Coeducational by floor