Alpha Gamma Delta’s roots at Nebraska Wesleyan University date back to 1887 with the Thophanian Literary Society—a group of male ministerial students. The society began admitting women in 1889. The women held separate meetings in 1908.
We renamed ourselves Kosdian to distinguish ourselves from the men. Another name change came in 1917, when we became Alpha Kappa Delta. We gave the university the famous stained glass window in Old Main in 1923. We were installed into Alpha Gamma Delta on October 14, 1927. We moved into our current home in 1928.
Alpha Gamma Delta enjoys wide recognition as a premiere women’s organization committed to academic excellence, leadership development, high ideals and sisterhood. No matter where life takes an Alpha Gam, she will always find herself “Surrounded by Sisterhood.”
Chili Feed The annual December chili feed supports a different charity each year. Recent charities include Mourning Hope and Teammates.
Teeter Totter Marathon We teeter totter for three days straight to support the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation, which in turn supports juvenile diabetes research.
Relay for Life All Greek chapters help out with this annual spring event for the American Cancer Society. We support cancer survivors and treatment, and advance Greek unity on campus.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational opportunities to all qualified persons in all areas of university operation, including education and decisions regarding faculty appointment, promotion or tenure, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, creed, color, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin or sexual orientation.