Purpose of Family Time
The purpose of Family Time is to provide faculty, staff and students with children and grandchildren an opportunity to recreate as a family.
Saturday: 1:00 - 5:00pm (closed on home-football game days)
Sunday: 1:00 - 5:00pm
UPDATE: Family Time hours have been extended to include the summer term. Family time hours will be offered during evening recreation hours, ending 30 minutes before the Weary Center closes. Check the Campus Recreation home page for current summer hours.
*Family time hours will begin the first weekend after classes begin each semester. The Weary Center will be closed for Open Recreation on all holiday weekends.
Eligible participants for Family Time include NWU faculty, staff and students; their spouse, and their children.
A family time form must be completed before the first family time participation each academic year. This form can be filled out at the Weary Center front desk.
- Children and spouse of faculty, staff and students may not bring guests.
- Children must be under direct supervision defined as: a parent and child playing directly together or within reach of each other.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the Weight Room or Cardio Room.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the Circuit Room.
- Children (16 and older) and parents must work together on the same weight machine, and within arm's reach of each other when in the Circuit Room.
- Strollers are not allowed in the workout areas, including Knight Field House.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper when using the pool.
- All children and parents must adhere to all Weary Center policies.
- All current faculty, staff, students and community pass holders will have access to workout areas during family time.
- Access to certain areas will be limited during scheduled events.
- All users must respond appropriately when approached by a Weary Center employee.