Candidates must audition to enter Nebraska Wesleyan’s BFA programs in acting and musical theatre. NWU holds individual auditions and interviews on campus between September and March.
Students may also audition in New York on January 25 & 26 or Chicago on February 3, 4 & 5 or at the regional Thespian Festivals NWU attends.
NWU Theatre distributes scholarship offers by April 15th.
Apply to Nebraska Wesleyan
Apply to Nebraska Wesleyan using our free online application.
Upload Required Materials to Acceptd
To audition on campus or at one of the national or regional audition locations, all NWU Theatre BFA applicants must first submit pre-screening materials at https://app.getacceptd.com/nebrwesleyan.
Submit your pre-screening materials to Acceptd by January 15 for New York or Chicago auditions and at least a two weeks prior to campus or regional auditions.
If you have not set up an Acceptd account, you will be prompted to do so once you are on the Acceptd website.
Scheduling your Audition
If we invite you to audition, you’ll receive scheduling instructions via email.
We hold on-campus auditions by appointment between September and March.
Our New York and Chicago slots are January 25 & 26 in New York and February 3, 4 & 5 in Chicago.
You’ll receive equal consideration regardless of your audition site.
Application Process for BFA in Acting and Musical Theatre
Applicants for our BFA in acting and our BFA in musical theatre must submit the following to Acceptd:
- One video introduction where you state your name, hometown and the pieces you will perform
- A résumé
- A photograph (We prefer headshots, but will accept any close-up.)
Applicants to the BFA in acting must also submit:
- Two contrasting one-minute monologues from modern plays (You may replace one modern monologue with 20-30 lines of verse monologue or soliloquy from Shakespeare. Your submission may also include dance.)
Applicants to the BFA in musical theatre must also submit:
- A one-minute monologue from a modern play
- Two contrasting renditions from Broadway musicals of 16-32 memorized bars
Application Process for BFA in Theatre Studies
Applicants for the BFA in theatre studies must submit the following to Acceptd:
- A résumé
- Examples of your work in photographs, prompt-scripts, slides or drawings of productions
- Examples of related skills (e.g., painting, drawing, sewing, handwork, woodworking, etc.)
Please make sure your video submissions (introduction, monologues, songs) are separate, short clips. These are easier for you to edit and for us to review.
You’ll receive immediate email confirmation that we’ve received your uploaded materials. You will receive a second email within two weeks that will indicate whether we invite you to schedule a full audition.
If you have questions about Nebraska Wesleyan’s process, please contact Joan Korte.