Staff Assistant Enrollment Office
Hourly position working 40 hours per week
Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual for the position of Staff Assistant Enrollment Office. Position provides staff assistant support for the admissions and financial aid divisions within the Enrollment suite and assists with activities supporting recruitment of prospective students and retention of current students. Provides secretarial support for the directors of admissions and financial aid and Vice President for Enrollment Management, and department staff as directed by management.
JOB DUTIES, TASKS, and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides professional level services to the public in the front office of the Enrollment Department. Assists in solving problems and taking care of any situations that arise. Answers and directs telephone calls, greets and directs visitors, and responds to general and specific inquiries. Notifies staff of appointments, visits, and events. Assist with data aspects of campus visit (uploading online forms, recording visits in CRM) and telephone requests during peak times. Handles event registration. Sends confirmation email for campus visits and events. (50%)
- Facilitates mailings including but not limited admissions printed collateral for high schools, printed collateral communication flow, special event invitations and mailings, and search mailings not outsourced to a mailing house. Work with operations coordinator and student worker to ensure prompt completion. (15%)
- Assist admissions counselors with preparations for travel. Prepares and sends confirmation letters and posters to high schools, and postcards to students announcing travel. Manages vehicle fleet check out and maintenance, and computer wireless hotspot check out. May assist with complex travel arrangements and annual renewal of AAA membership. Handle mailing printed collateral, and ordering business cards and other travel supplies. (15%)
- Assists directors (admissions and financial aid) and vice president for enrollment manag ement with correspondence and special tasks and projects as assigned. (5%)
- Monitors, answers, and routes general admissions email daily. Maintains and updates department Outlook calendars. Processes admissions account payable paperwork. (5%)
- Maintains reception area and hospitality items, and orders and purchases office supplies. (5%)
- Assists with reservations and reservation systems for admissions and University events and spaces as directed. May include Great Hall, conference rooms, event space, and special events such as summer camps and conferences. (5%)
The incumbent must be professional, personable, and hospitable and promote a positive first and ongoing image and impression of the University through regular contact with diverse constituents, must be proficiency in operating computer equipment and software including Microsoft software and department and institution databases, and be flexible and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and goals, and with frequent interruptions. Two years of postsecondary education preferred and one year of general office, administrative, or computer experience is required to adequately prepare for this position. Preference is given to individuals with experience working with the public and in a busy office environment.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity among its staff and faculty.
Send letter of application, resume, and three professional references to Nebraska Wesleyan University, Attn: Nancy B. Cookson, 5000 Saint Paul, Lincoln, NE 68504. Application materials may be sent by email attachments to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.